About this job
The EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) Sustainability Technician is part of an excellence process service solutions group under EHS&S. This role is required to be able to work in teams providing product registration and regulatory compliance services for multiple countries within the boundaries of defined work process. Individuals performing this role are expected to work closely with the several functional stakeholders such as Hazard Communications Expertise, Business Product Stewards or country Product Regulatory Specialists to complete product registrations and troubleshoot various regulatory issues in the SAP system on time and in compliance with the specified requirements.
What are you going to do as EH&S Sustainability Technician?
Key responsibilities will include:
- Record in workflow management tool and manage the product registration to meet given deadlines (internal and/or regulatory)
- Interact with stakeholders to collect data and/or information required to complete product registration activities
- Complete submissions of product registrations in accordance with the competent authority procedures
- Manage invoices for product registration processes in order to secure timely payment
- REACH registrations checks via CMT (change management tool) and SVT(substance volume tracking)
- REACH dossier submissions and updates
- Work with other EMEA regulations like Swiss VOC, Swiss Inventory etc.
- Supports Dow advocacy efforts with respect to environmental regulations
Initiative, interpersonal effectiveness and teamwork are 3 key competencies which are valued in this job.
This is an assignment until the end of June 2021 in first case. The assignment could be extended but this is not known yet.
What are your skills?
- You have a Bachelor Degree (preferably in a scientific curriculum, such as chemistry, biology or engineering but this is not a must)
- You are available for a temporary assignment (approximately 6 months in first case)
- You have experience working with Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- You are fluent in English and preferable at least one additional language (e.g. Turkish, German, French, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish)
- You possess a valid Dutch work and/or residency permit
- You have excellent organization skills
- You have effective communication skills and you’re able to build relationships with international clients
- You’re able to work in a team
What do you get?
We offer you a full-time position for 6 months within a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and career opportunities. Travel and tunnel costs will be reimbursed. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of collective health insurance. If you would like to be considered for the position, we ask you to apply with a resume and motivation letter in English.
Where are you going to work?
Dow Benelux Integrated Center (hereafter DBIC) in Terneuzen is the international service provider for the DOW Chemical Company and the employer of more than 700 talented employees, representing more than 50 different languages and nationalities from all over the world. DBIC's strong and multicultural team supports the joint ventures in a wide range of areas, including logistics, customer service, finance, human resources, translation and more.